For some people, drinking plenty of water is challenging and feels like a chore to do. But this is very important as water keeps the body hydrated. Most people are not fond of drinking water due to its lack of taste or flavor. This is why many brands today are making flavored water. In addition to that, you can now add flavor to your water at home with the use of liquid water enhancers.
These enhancers are widely used today to add additional flavor to water. They come in different flavors and enhancers. You can check out our list of the best liquid water enhancer to learn about the best ones that you can buy in the market. If it’s your first time to hear about liquid water enhancers and you’d like to learn more about them, you’re in the right place. Read on as we’re giving you more information about what a liquid water enhancer is.
Liquid Water Enhancer: What Is It?
Water enhancers are a fairly new invention. They come in small bottles and are used to add flavor and taste to drinking water. Many people have welcomed the idea of using water enhancers, especially those who wanted something more out of their water.
Liquid water enhancers are generally made of different flavors, colors, and oftentimes sugar. Most of the enhancers that you can find in the market are artificial, which is something that you need to keep in mind. But no worries, as the ingredients used in making them, are usually approved by FDA, making them safe for human consumption.
Most liquid water enhancers have been improved with different vitamins, such as A, B, and C, making them healthy as they can boost your immunity. In addition to that, water enhancers may also contain minerals like calcium and potassium, which can help in strengthening your bones. Some of the other ingredients that can be found in many liquid water enhancers are real fruit, caffeine, alcohol, and artificial thickeners. Therefore, it is very important to check out what you are buying.
However, you also have to note that there are some people who may have negative reactions to some of the ingredients of liquid water enhancers. One example is Sucralose, which is an artificial sweetener that is mostly used by water enhancers. This ingredient is known to be about 600 times sweeter compared to natural sugar, which is not good if you have been instructed by your doctor to lessen your sugar intake.
Aside from that, some of the artificial colors and flavors of water enhancers may cause allergic reactions to some people. Therefore, if you have allergies and other medications, it is better to check with your doctor first before using any water enhancers.
The Pros and Cons of Liquid Water Enhancers
Many water enhancers in the market have some benefits to our bodies. Though, not all of them are best for the body. Therefore, it is very important that you understand both the good and the bad effects of liquid water enhancers before you start using them. Here are the pros and cons of liquid water enhancers.
- Adding liquid water enhancers to your drinking water can encourage you to drink more water as it gives a pleasant taste.
- Some liquid water enhancers contain vitamins and minerals that may help boost your immune system.
- Liquid water enhancers are an affordable option when it comes to making drinking water flavorful.
- They can sweeten and add flavor to water instantly, and you can use them without the need for any equipment.
- Some liquid water enhancers may have artificial flavors and sugars that are not very healthy.
- Some liquid water enhancers may cause allergic reactions to some people, especially those that contain artificial colors.
- Liquid water enhancers may also cause a spike in blood sugar in some people, which may cause medical issues.
- Some of the liquid water enhancers that contain caffeine may cause addiction for some people, just like drinking coffee.
Overall, we can say that liquid water enhancers are great for those who are looking for ways on how to make their drinking water more enjoyable. It can help a lot of people keep themselves hydrated, especially when outdoors. Though there are some health risks that come with some liquid water enhancers, as long as you know what you are buying and you are reading the labels, then you should be okay. We hope this article helped you learn more about what a liquid water enhancer is.