With the development of e-commerce and the popularity of marketplaces, the delivery of goods from China to the USA has become especially relevant. Freight shipping companies offer different formats of this service, including air freight, ocean freight, rail freight, etc. Often, these delivery methods are combined, thanks to which it is possible to choose the best routes, optimize the cost of the service, and speed up its execution. Let’s delve into the delivery specifics, its organization, and the pitfalls in this process.
How to transfer cargo from China to the USA?
Shipping from China to the US involves several steps, and planning is essential to ensure a smooth and efficient shipping process. Here are the basic steps you will need to take.
- Select a delivery method. You can choose from various shipping methods, including air freight from China to USA, sea freight, and courier services like DHL or FedEx. The choice will depend on factors such as the size and weight of your shipment, budget, and delivery time.
- A freight forwarder specializes in the organization and coordination of shipments. They can help you with documentation, customs clearance, and shipment tracking.
- Get the necessary documentation. You must obtain numerous documents, such as commercial invoices, packing lists, and bills of lading. Your freight forwarder can help you with these documents and make sure they comply with China and US regulations.
After that, you can pack the cargo, specify the recipient and the exact address, and send it. On the way to the USA, the shipment will undergo customs clearance.
How to choose a delivery method?
The answer depends on the characteristics of the cargo, the desired delivery time, and other factors. What do you need to know before making the final choice?
- Ship by air freight is the fastest and most reliable way to ship goods to the USA. However, this is the most expensive option, and transit takes 2 to 10 days.
- Sea freight transportation is beneficial for oversized cargo. Delivery takes from 20 days to 2 months, but at the same time, the tariffs for such services are the most affordable.
- Delivery by rail is faster than ocean freight, but this option is not possible on certain sections of the route, so it can be used as an intermediate stage in transporting goods from China to the USA.
One of the main pitfalls when shipping goods from China to the US is customs fees and possible delays. To avoid this, you should enlist the help of a reliable forwarder or a proven logistics company, which will help you cope with the task, easily avoiding any pitfalls.