Why You Should Try the Infrared Sauna Now

There is nothing more relaxing than a 20-minute sauna session. After sweating it all out, you feel well-rested, and the sauna heat relieves you from sore muscle pain and improves your well-being.

But if you can’t handle the heat, then an infrared sauna nyc is an alternative you can try. It offers the same benefits without the discomfort you get from extreme heat.

How does an infrared sauna function?

Contrary to traditional saunas, an infrared sauna doesn’t make the air around you hot. Instead, it uses infrared lamps, powered by electromagnetic radiation, to warm your body directly.

This kind of sauna has infrared panels instead of the usual heat to directly penetrate your tissues, thereby causing your body to heat up before the air around you. Infrared saunas can run at lower temperatures like 120 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Traditional saunas make the air hotter because the heat is set at 150 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.

Only 20 percent of the heat gets into the air, leaving the more significant 80 percent to be directly absorbed by the body. Users of infrared saunas claim that the heat penetrates deeply compared to warm air. As a consequence, you sweat more intensely, even at lower temperatures.

This environment is more tolerable for the sauna user, making him stay at the sauna longer. While he’s there, the core temperature of his body is increased by 2-3 degrees.

What are the benefits of an infrared sauna?

More and more people are shifting to the infrared sauna, NYC because of the plethora of health benefits it offers. These benefits include the following:

  • Improved quality of sleep
  • Better relaxation
  • Detoxification
  • Provides relief from sore muscle pain
  • Provides comfort from joint illnesses like arthritis
  • Tighter and clearer skin
  • Improved blood circulation
  • Aid for people suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome

People with different health conditions have been using the sauna for decades and centuries. Here are some studies that support the health benefits reaped from the use of infrared saunas:

  • According to a study conducted by Margaret Sear’s group, infrared sauna helps in the detoxification process. Through the infrared sauna, the body sweats out the toxins accumulated over time. Also, the detoxification effect offered by infrared saunas is three times greater than that of traditional saunas.
  • In two different studies conducted by Robert Podstawski and Geetali Pradhan, it was revealed that infrared sauna, along with proper diet, can aid in weight loss. In Pradhan’s study, it was explained that ghrelin levels, a type of hunger hormone, is increased by infrared sauna among low appetite individuals and are balanced among obese individuals.

Where can I go to experience the benefits of an infrared sauna?

If you want to try using an infrared sauna, seek the services offered by Om.Life. You can browse their website and see for yourself the different packages they provide for both first-time and repeat clients.

They’re active on Facebook so if you want a prompt response, drop them a private message via the Facebook Messenger app. Also, you can drop them a note on their website, or give them a call at 212.206.0009.

Experience the many health benefits of an infrared sauna at Om.Life today!