We all know what stretch marks are, but where do stretch marks come from? Also known as striae, stretch marks are caused by pregnancy, puberty, or drastic change in weight. When your body grows faster than the skin covering it, internal tears in the dermis appear and form thin scars (or stretch marks) when they heal.
Is there any difference between red, white, and purple stretch marks?
The color of your stretch marks usually correlates with how old they are. These pesky lines or streaks begin as red or purple marks and then slowly fade to white or silver.
Will stretch marks ever go away?
The short answer is they do, but not all the time. There are cases when it only takes some time for stretch marks to disappear or become less noticeable.
Since white or silver stretch marks are older, they are more challenging to treat. The blood vessels have narrowed already, making it hard to stimulate collagen production. Red and purple stretch marks may be easier to remove.
But what happens if they don’t fade away? There’s no need to panic! Today, there are a lot of remedies available for stretch mark removal.
Here are some of the common ways to reduce or even treat these annoying lines on your body.
You can make these unwanted marks through a completely natural method! There are many home remedies available that involve easy-to-access ingredients. Popular ways include using:
- Vitamin A – This is also known as a retinoid and makes skin appear smoother and more youthful. You can reduce stretch marks by using a tropical extract of Vitamin A, taking it orally, or having a diet rich in Vitamin A.
- Sugar – Many people swear by sugar as a home remedy method for stretch marks removal. It involves mixing the sugar with coconut oil and lemon juice and then exfoliating the area with stretch marks.
- Aloe Vera – Pure aloe vera is well-known as both a natural healing agent and a skin softener. Apply pure aloe vera daily, ideally after taking a shower.
Body Oils and Creams
One of the popular and safe ways to banish stretch marks is through regular application of beauty products, such as stretch marks removal cream. Depending on the product that you use, this method also comes with many benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Nourishing, moisturizing, and increasing the elasticity of your skin
- Lessening any inflammation caused by stress on your skin’s surface
- Reducing visible age spots, freckles, discoloration, and more
A popular option is the stretch mark removal cream from ML Delicate Beauty. Women who have tried this product say that this product, with a religious application, has provided quick and positive results as early as two weeks! Satisfied individuals have also reported that this cream was able to help them boost their confidence postpartum.
Advanced laser technology focuses on breaking down your unwanted stretch marks. Energy is delivered, causing these lines to disappear through your body’s natural healing process slowly. In a few treatment sessions, you will see the difference and experience minimal discomfort.
Hearing the word needles may be scary, but treatment has been clinically proven to reduce the appearance of stretch marks alongside other marks and scars. As explained in an article by the American Academy of Dermatology, the process involves very fine needles passing through your skin and breaking up the tough fibers that makeup scar tissues as well as open your collagen fibers.
Regardless of how scary it sounds in print, this technique is very popular. This popularity owes itself to the process of being minimally invasive, effective, and the possibility of preventing signs of aging as well as pigmentation.