You might have heard people saying that a woman who is 40 years old must take her health seriously. There is some truth to this.
When a woman enters the fourth decade of her life, weight changes become more visible. Generally, her metabolism slows down, thus the weight gain.
What should a woman in her 40s do to keep herself healthy? What particular diet plan could she adopt?
According to the United States Library of Medicine, changes in the body because of aging starts at the age of 30. Moreover, as soon as the person hits 40, the height decreases by half an inch every ten years after that. This is because of the aging joints, muscles, and bones.
During this time, the person should do something to maintain a healthy life. Medical professionals suggest that a healthy diet plan should be followed, coupled with a regular exercise routine.
To further reduce the body changes due to aging, it’s advisable to limit alcohol intake and tobacco use.
In the meantime, the United States Department of Health and Human Services presented a checklist of healthy habits for women over 40. If you belong to this group, make sure to consider the following:
- Eat only what is healthy and exercise for at least 30 minutes daily.
- Enjoy enough sleep, from seven to nine hours each day.
- Work hard to stop smoking.
- Avoid illegal drugs.
- Visit health or medical professionals at least once a year for regular check-ups.
- Do everything to maintain a healthy weight.
For some, the last tip could be difficult. If you think that you have the same dilemma with them, you may want to get an online keto coach. This professional will help you jumpstart your journey toward maintaining a healthy weight.
Keto Diet for Women in Their 40s and Older
If you’re already in your 40s, it would be wise to watch your food intake. You must make sure that you monitor your daily food consumption and their equivalent calories consistently. There are apps you can use to monitor this.
Just in case you’re someone who is sedentary or does not have much physical activity, you must limit your calories to 1,800 per day. This is where your online keto coach could come in. This professional can help you decide which food choices to consume and which ones to avoid.
Here are some of the crucial things to bear in mind when on a ketogenic diet:
- Eat good fats only. If you think that you can eat all types of fat, you could be wrong. You must only pick the good fats like the one from avocado. These good fats keep you full for long. As a result, you avoid binge-eating.
- Eat enough amount only. If you have been a believer in the notion that you can eat an unlimited amount of fats, think again. Always remember that at the age of 40, you can only eat a maximum of 1,800 calories daily, especially if you’re living a sedentary lifestyle.
- Stay away from sweeteners and sweets. Aside from increasing your cravings, they are loaded with calories as well. So, you better avoid them if you want to maintain your diet.
Starting a keto diet can be troublesome at first, but once you have a routine set out, you’ll be reaping the benefits in no time. Still unsure about starting your ketogenic diet plan? You can always ask for expert advice from an accredited keto coach.