Having your own thermometer at home is essential, as it will allow you to take your own temperature when you’re not feeling well. For adults, taking temperatures is easy. Some of the best thermometers that you can use are forehead thermometers, ear thermometers, or even regular digital thermometers. However, if you are taking the temperature of a baby, it can be challenging. It’s because some babies are not comfortable when their temperatures are being checked with a thermometer. They tend to move a lot, making it hard to get accurate readings.
If your baby uses a pacifier, then there’s an easier way for you to get his or her temperature. It is by using a digital pacifier thermometer. It is fairly easy to use as your child only needs to suck on the pacifier until the peak temperature is recorded. What’s great is that babies won’t even know that you are taking their temperatures. However, using digital pacifier thermometers is not recommended for newborns.
If you want to know more about how pacifier thermometers work, you’re in the right place. Today, we are giving you a guide to digital pacifier thermometers.
Pros and Cons of Using a Digital Pacifier Thermometer
Like many other things, the use of a digital pacifier thermometer also comes with advantages and disadvantages.
- Digital pacifier thermometers can quickly measure the temperature without causing any discomfort to the child. This is true, especially if your baby is familiar with a pacifier.
- Most digital pacifier thermometers are fun to use because they signal the end of the temperature measurement with a musical tune.
- Most digital pacifier thermometers can record previous temperature measurements.
- It is safe to use for infants.
- It is not easily broken.
- It does not contain mercury.
- Most digital pacifier thermometers feature backlight, making them easy to use even at night.
- Digital pacifier thermometers are not always accurate.
- Not all models of digital pacifier thermometers will allow you to disinfect the nipple.
- Digital pacifiers will not be able to take measurements when the baby is crying.
- Some digital pacifier thermometers come at a higher price.
- Digital pacifier thermometers are not suitable for children who are not accustomed to sucking pacifiers.
- To be able to get the most accurate reading, your child will need to hold the pacifier still in his or her mouth for about three to five minutes, which can be a challenge for some babies.
How to Use Digital Pacifier Thermometers
Digital pacifier thermometers are easy to use. All you need to do is remove the protective cover from the nipples, then disinfect the device by washing it under warm water. After that, press the button to turn on the device, then put the thermometer in your child’s mouth. Wait until the result appears on the screen. When done, remove the pacifier from your baby’s mouth and turn it off. Rinse and disinfect it again and store it properly.
Safety Precautions When Using Digital Pacifier Thermometers
Since digital pacifier thermometers are used on babies or infants, there are some safety precautions that you need to remember to use the device safely. Here are some of them:
- You should only use a digital pacifier thermometer to determine the temperature. Never give it to your child for games or to suck for a long time.
- Using a digital pacifier thermometer should be performed only under the supervision of an adult. When not in use, keep it out of reach of children.
- Before using it to your child, check the pacifier thermometer if it is strong enough, or there are no loose parts that your child might swallow.
- Check the tip of the pacifier thermometer regularly. See if there are any wear or cracks. Never let your child use a damaged pacifier thermometer.
- Do not use strong or abrasive agents when washing digital pacifier thermometers. Also, check with the manufacturer if the device can be washed.
- Always keep the thermometer away from heat and direct sunlight. Keep it in a place where the temperature is not lower than 10 degrees Celsius and not higher than 35 degrees Celsius.
The Best Digital Pacifier Thermometers
To help you find the best digital pacifier thermometers, here are a few products we can recommend:
This digital pacifier thermometer is perfect for babies and kids. It is easy to use. You just need to press the on button to start reading the temperature and press the off button when it’s done. It will have a beeping sound once the reading is finished. It is designed specifically to measure the baby’s body temperature in 3 minutes. It does not contain mercury, making it safe for babies.
This thermometer gauges the body temperature of babies. It is safe to use, fast, and accurate. It also features a clear LCD digital display, so you can read the temperature records clearly. It can record the last temperature measurement to help you monitor the temperature of your child. It also has a beeper function to let you know if the reading is finished.
This digital pacifier thermometer is made with high-quality materials, making it sturdy and safe for child use. It is also very easy to use. You just need to turn it on, put it in your child’s mouth and wait for three minutes or the beeping sound, and see the result. It is accurate and hygienic. It also has an auto shut-off feature to help save the battery.
Digital pacifier thermometers are indeed convenient when taking temperatures of babies that are familiar with pacifiers. It will not make them feel uncomfortable, unlike when using regular digital thermometers. However, the use of digital pacifier thermometers depends on you and your baby’s preferences. But it can be great if you are looking for something convenient to use. We hope the information we shared helped you in knowing more about digital pacifier thermometers.