A Swiss Army knife is one of the most versatile pocket knives you can have. And aside from being a knife, you can also use it as a screwdriver, a wire cutter, a can opener, and many more. The Swiss Army knife was a popular type of knife when it was invented. But it became even more popular when it was used in the 1985 television series titled MacGyver. It was used by the main character to survive all kinds of tough situations.
Today, you’ll be able to find many different kinds of Swiss Army knives in the market. Most of them are usually comprised of various tools, including knife blades, screwdriver, file, hook, scissors, pliers, corkscrew, keyring, bottle opener, tweezers, and a toothpick. There are also some that include high-tech tools like LED flashlights, digital clocks, and USB drives.
If you are looking into buying a Swiss Army knife, there are lots to choose from. That’s why we’re here to help you find the best one that will fit your needs with our buying guide to Swiss Army knives.
Things to Consider When Buying Swiss Army Knives
When you’ve decided that you want to buy a Swiss Army knife, there are several things you need to consider before you hit the market to get one. Here are some of the features we strongly recommend you consider before making your final decision.
- Size: Swiss Army knives come in different sizes. Yes, they are made to fit in pockets, but the more extra features your knife has, the bulkier and thicker it will be. Usually, smaller sized pocket knives have about 17 different functions. Medium and larger ones, on the other hand, have around 36 to 56 individual tools as part of their overall design. Therefore, when buying a Swiss Army knife, you need to consider the size that will best fit your pocket, or wherever you intend to put it.
- Style: Another thing to consider is the style of the Swiss Army knife. There are some that feature contoured and curved handles, while some have camouflage design. There are also brands that release limited-edition Swiss Army knives, and as well as different collections that range in size and designs.
- Essential Tools: One of the fun things about Swiss Army knives is you have access to different multi-tools that are conveniently packed in one pocket-friendly device. When buying a Swiss Army knife, make sure that you will be choosing one that has all the essential tools that you need. If you do not want a bulky pocket knife, then try to avoid buying one that has too many tools that you will not use.
- Price: A good pocket knife doesn’t always need to be expensive. When buying one, you will need to consider your budget, which you do not want to go over for sure. Your budget can be limited by your tool preference. However, you also need to consider the manufacturer’s quality. You can do some research first before heading to stores to check the detailed and accurate description of all the Swiss Army knives you are eyeing to buy. That way, you’ll also have an idea of how much each of them costs.
- Material: You also need to look into the quality of the Swiss Army knife you are looking into buying. Check the material it is made of. For example, Victorinox offers pocket knives that are made with high-quality stainless steel.
- Brand: It is also great if you can buy a Swiss Army knife from reputable brands like Victorinox. It’s because they are well-known in making high-quality pocket knives. Also, if you will be buying from other sellers, you also need to check if they have a good reputation based on reviews and comments of other people who purchased from them.
The Best Swiss Army Knives
Now that you know the different things to consider when buying Swiss Army knives, here are some of the best ones we can recommend.
This Trekker Swiss Army knife has 11 functions, but if you count the keyring, it has 12 functions. Some of them are a bottle opener, Philip screwdriver, wood saw, locking 3 ½-inch by 1-inch blade, can opener, screwdriver, large flathead screwdriver, small flathead screwdriver, reamer, tweezers, and a toothpick.
It has an optimal size of 4 ½ inches long and over a half-inch thick, making it a pleasure to carry anywhere. It is large enough to fit in your hand comfortably and small enough to keep in your pocket. This Swiss Army knife also offers lots of cute designs, making it one of the best ad most functional knives available today. It is made with stainless steel material and encased in rugged polyamide scales for durability.
This Swiss Army knife is perfect for camping enthusiasts. It is best used outdoors, making it very convenient for camping. It features stainless steel tools that are handy for any camper. It features two blades, a wood saw, a bottle opener, and a can opener. It is constructed in Switzerland and has a rugged nylon handle that is very durable.
Aside from the features mentioned above, this knife also has a large blade and a small blade, a small screwdriver, a corkscrew, a pair of tweezers, and a punch and sewing eye combination. It is the perfect tool that can go along with your tent, camping stove, and sleeping bag.
This is a well-built knife that is best for work and fun. It offers 12 different functions, and it comes in a USA flag design. It is a lightweight Swiss Army knife that is very easy to keep and to bring anywhere, making it an ideal every day carry pocket knife.
This Swiss Army knife has two blades that are easy to sharpen. Aside from that, it also features a toothpick, tweezers, two regular screwdrivers, a key ring, a wire stripper, and a can opener. It is made with solid and durable materials, and it also features a firm spring lock.
If you want to be ready for whatever and whenever, then the SwissChamp pocket knife is perfect for you. It’s because it offers 33 functions, making it extremely reliable. You can use this Swiss Army knife as a plier, bottle opener, corkscrew, nail file, metal file, and so much more.
If you have the budget to spend on a Swiss Army knife, then this is an excellent choice for you. It has the strength needed for doing wood carving tasks. Also, the size of this knife is incredible, considering the number of tools it houses. Therefore, if you are looking for a small Swiss Army knife that offers a lot of functions, then this is the best one for you.
This Swiss Army knife is equipped with 19 functions for your everyday adventures. It includes a 2.5-inch locking blade, wire cutters, Philips screwdriver, serrated-edge scissors, and reamer. It is made with stainless steel that is encased in ergonomic natural walnut scales that provide sleek durability.
This pocket knife is not too big and not too small, making it the perfect addition to your everyday essentials. Aside from its size, this tool also has an incredible sharpness, which it can hold for an extended period. In fact, you can even use it to shave your hair neatly.
This pocket knife features 16 functions, including a 1.25-inch blade, a Philips screwdriver, a ruler, a pressurized ballpoint pen, and a bright LED light. It is a versatile tool that is very useful day or night. It is made of stainless steel that is encased in polished translucent sapphire ABS scales for sleek durability.
This Swiss Army knife is a champion among small pocket knives because you can bring it on your daily adventures without sacrificing space. You can fit it perfectly in your pocket, bag, or on a keychain.
This Swiss Army knife is best for office use because it comes designed for functionality and practicality. It features all useful tools that are needed by anyone from receptionists to high-level executives.
It is an elegant knife that is fixed in a beautiful alox body with 10 different tools. Some of the unique tools it includes are an orange peeler and a large blade, making it perfect for home use, as well. This Swiss Army knife has a sophisticated design with a glossy red finish, and a stenciled Swiss logo. It is made with hard steel, making it very durable.
This Swiss Army knife is built for action. It features tools, such as a nail file, scissors, and seven other different tools. It may only have quite a few functions, but its price point and performance are still quite a steal.
This knife is perfect for those who are looking for less functionality in a pocket knife. It is small, meaning it can fit in any pocket. You can also attach it to your keys, without feeling any added weight. You can also bring it to the office, as it can help with light tasks, such as cutting strings and opening packages. There are also a variety of colors and designs to choose from. It is the best Swiss Army knife if you’re on a budget.
This Swiss Army knife is one of Victorinox’s Delemont Collection entries. It is a beautiful piece of everyday kit. It includes tools like a full-length saw blade, two screwdrivers, openers, and it features rubber inlays on the handle for outstanding grip.
This knife is made with stainless steel that is encased in two-component scales that provide sleek durability. It also features a one-hand locking blade mechanism that keeps the blade securely in place during use.
This Swiss Army knife can be used in a variety of woods. It measures 3.66 inches in length, and it is long enough for different tasks. Its build quality and features make it a wise choice for gardening, maintenance, and daily carrying. It is also one of the best Swiss Army knives for travel.
The only drawback of this knife is it does not have scissors. But overall, it is built to perform well. It also has a razor-sharp blade that is useful for shop work. It is made with quality materials, making it durable and long-lasting.
These are the best Swiss Army knives we can recommend. All of these pocket knives on our list are very useful when it comes to doing a variety of tasks. We hope that the tips and products we shared will help you in finding the best Swiss Army knife that will fit your preferences.