Having a good head of hair is essential to both men and women. So, for many people, dealing with hair loss can be quite a tough experience. Hair loss is an entirely normal part of life, but no one wants to part with their hair, especially when they are in the prime of their life.
Hair growth slows down with age. However, premature hair loss may have psychological and emotional repercussions. People tend to develop insecurity, embarrassment, and low confidence out of the fear of being judged by others. Fortunately, you can take the help of professional centers for mens hair regrowth California that can help you reverse your hair loss or slow down the shedding at an abnormally faster rate.
Currently, there are a variety of options to treat and cure hair loss, whether temporary or permanent. Depending on your hair type and the underlying cause of hair fall, you can go for the best cure and treatment for you. Let’s take a look at the things that you need to do for overall hair care.
Dealing with Hair Loss from Medication
Treatment of cancer and other chronic conditions involve chemotherapy or radiation therapy, which can cause your hair to fall out. There are certain cases in which depression sets in, and the patient is unable to consider taking up any hair loss treatments or cures.
However, the following pointers can help to deal better with hair loss until your hair grows back.
- Patients who don’t prefer wearing wigs can go for a comfortable option and wear a soft cap.
- Scalp cooling can help in reducing the effect of chemotherapy drugs on the hair follicles. In the process, a tight cap with cold gel is put on the head to cool the scalp and decrease the size of blood vessels.
- Obsessing over hair loss can worsen it, resulting in increased stress and depression. Therefore, having a support group that allows you to connect and freely share your feelings is important.
Managing Hair Loss Due to Non-Medical Conditions
The best way to deal with hair loss is to prevent it before it happens. Therefore, you need to be sure that you are taking proper care of your hair. Below mentioned are a few tips that can help you stimulate hair growth and ensure that your hair stays strong and resistant to shedding and other damages.
- Use a shampoo – Washing the hair with shampoo is important to clean any dead skin or dirt buildup that might be blocking the way for new hair. But overdoing it can cause more damage than benefits.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day – Drinking enough water helps in reducing the overall dryness of your body, including the scalp. It is also vital for increasing blood circulation so that your hair is not devoid of its nourishment.
- Quit smoking – Not only does it affect your lungs, but also restricts proper blood flow into the scalp and follicles slowing down hair growth.
- Take adequate rest and avoid stress – Hair loss can be the body’s response to trauma or stress. Find out these stressors and learn to cope up with them. It’s important to exercise as well for overall wellbeing.
- Consult a doctor – It’s easy to manage hair loss caused by stress or trauma, but those caused by medical conditions need professional attention. A doctor will conduct tests to find the real condition that may be causing your hair loss. The right diagnosis can guide you to take the right medication and treatment.
Losing your hair is no big deal anymore. Today, these cases are temporary and can be treated easily. Taking up the right treatment combined with healthy lifestyle changes, can work the best for healthy and beautiful hair. If you are worried about your hair loss, it’s time to visit specialists for men’s hair regrowth in California.